Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 499, Leadership

A broken ornament.
I was up and out the door early to pick up a few things for our Leadership class and to run by the office and sign our payroll checks.  It's hard to believe that December is half over.  Christmas and then New Years will be here before you know it.

This is Day 4 of our Leadership program out of 9.  The day was packed with a full agenda and I knew the day would go fast.  In all there were 10 speakers throughout the day and I scheduled breaks and a walking tour after lunch to keep everyone awake.  Despite a full day, we were able to get out at 4:30pm which gave me enough to to run to the office, the bank and then off to the airport for meeting.

A special Airport Commission meeting was called at 5:30pm and they typically run about an hour and a half.  I really didn't feel I had the time, but I head the meeting at hoped it could be done in hour.  To my surprise the meeting lasted about 40 minutes.  I had a lot of last minute shopping for tomorrows Christmas party and I needed to bake two more pies.

A little glue can do wonders.
I got home about 7:30pm after shopping and I had two packages come in the mail.  One was from my friend Robin in Oklahoma and she had given me instructions to open it when it got here.  There were three items in the box and had the distinct sound of broken glass.  Sure enough a very cool Rolls Royce glass ornament had some how exploded, even thought the box was in great shape and it had been well packed.  There were so many pieces it really was a total loss.  I really couldn't tell what it looked like but there were several large pieces, so I got the glue out just to see what it had looked like.  To my surprise I was able to put most of the ornament back together.

My Sister in Law Jen, from Portland sent me a picture of a very cool ginger bread trailer.  While there are a few layout issues the end result is still awesome.  I sent the picture to a number of my friends, including Amy Jo, who I knew would enjoy it.  If she were here, I know she would be rolling out the ginger bread and make one.
A ginger bread trailer, now there is cool idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment