Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 504, Ice Skating

It was another great day.  The temperatures have been climbing into the 50's, but it's still cold at night with temperatures dipping into the teens.

Work was busy with a site visit, lunch and meeting with the city.  I was surprised how fast the day seemed to go and I was very ready to go home when the 5 o'clock hour rolled around.

As I walked out the back door I had to take a look at the new ice rink that is next door to our building.  The city installed the rink and has just opened it this past Saturday.  We helped decorate around the rind and loaned them four of our kiosks.  The Clock tower and Church kiosks my brother and I built (with funding from my father) 5 years ago for the very first Holiday Village Market.  These two kiosk are being used for renting the ice skates.  Two other kiosks are being used for equipment storage and skate sharpening, including the new kiosk we just built for the Son's of Norway Lodge.

The ice rink is a huge success and is drawing a lot of attention to downtown and to the community.  I'm hoping to get out there soon and see if I can remember how to skate.

No comments:

Post a Comment