Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 502, Son's of Norway round two.

I woke up with  my two cats looking out the window, the quail were in the yard and I think they were thinking if I didn't get up and feed they would have to go out get their own.

It was a beautiful day and the first thing on my list of things to do today was wash my truck.  I has been at least a month since I washed it last and despite the fact that we haven't really had rain in weeks it was still covered in dirt and road grime.  It looked so much better having it cleaned and I was glad to get the job done and I don't feel like I need to hide when I drive my truck.

Tables all set for night three.
This is the fourth Sunday of Advent and the 4th candle was light on the Advent wreath.  The choir was in top form and many of the traditional Christmas songs were song.  It was so great to be there and to share in the sights and sounds of the true meaning of the season.

At 3 o'clock, I picked up my parents and we all headed back to the Son's of Norway lodge for the last of the three nights of the Christmas Dinners.  This is our night cook and serve the food.  Three years ago, they were looking at limiting the number of people who could come because they only did two nights and I suggested a third night.  This met with great opposition from people saying they were tired and not going to do a third night so I said my family would do it.  This is our second year and they have filled all three nights.  My brother and his family, my folks and I all worked great together and the meal was served perfectly on schedule.  We had awesome help from Edna, who is the expert at pulling this dinner all together.

It had been a long weekend of parties and great Christmas cheer.  I was so content with how everything went and I felt like I had really experienced the the joy of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment