Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 511, Progress on the Traveleze

Kitchen coming togher
At 9 am we have a big breakfast at my folks house.  It was a nice way to start the day and of course to over eat once again.  After breakfast we headed over to my house to let the kids see the horses and the chicken and then downtown to see the new ice rink.

I wanted to head into Bend to see the Traveleze and to check on have the headliner in the Rolls repair.  Flye Camp and Red Hot Interiors are on the same block, so I thought this was a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

I was very happy to see that progress was being made on the Traveleze.  Most of the cabinets and draws are all in and Justin was going to start on the wiring and insulation.  He had a few questions for me and we talked about several issues and next steps.

After visiting the trailer we (my brother and I) headed over the Red Hot Interiors to have them look at the headliner of the Rolls.  The insulation backing to the roof had dropped loose and was hitting the headliner in places.  It's not really noticeable, but I see and more importantly it cuts down on the scarce headroom.  They were confident on what needed to be done and I scheduled an appointment for January 30, 2012 to have it done.

The newly upholstered dinette, being tried out. 
From here it was back to the folks house for more food and family time.  I received a text while visiting from Justin at Flyte Camp, who had just picked up the dinette seats for the Traveleze.  He sent several picture of the seats in place and they looked great.

I Googled 1950 Traveleze and I was shocked to see one on Craigslist in Washington.  They had restored the exterior but not the interior (backwards).  The windows were different from mine but you could see the potential.  I had to send the link to Justin and the text of OMG!

By 8 pm I was exhausted and ready for back home for some quality time with sofa, a good movie and the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment