Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 498, Mid week

1960 Corvette
The highlight of my day and week started at 2pm.  I went to get my good friend and neighbors 1960 Corvette to take it to Bend for a photo shoot.  The car is absolutely spectacular and appears to be a stock 60 Vette, when it is actually has a 1996 Corvette motor and running gear.  It combines the best of both worlds, classic styling and the comfort, power and conveniences of a new car.  The photo shoot is for Central Oregon magazine and was taken at the Pilot Butte Drive In.

The interior going back in
The Pilot Butte Drive In just happens to be a few blocks from where my Traveleze is, so I headed that direction when we were all done taking pictures.  They were working on the interior cabinetry and the restoration is coming along.  We are still having an issue finding the correct windows, but will find something to put in if we can not find the correct match and keep looking.  Finding the exact windows used in a 1950 Traveleze is turning out not to be an easy thing.

After visiting Flyte Camp for 20 minutes it was off to my workout.  I was enjoying driving the Corvette, but I was a little nervous that it might start to snow and I did not want the car out in bad weather.  I did my workout, headed to the Sons of Norway Lodge to pick up the mail for Tracy. 

Two pecan pies for the party on Friday.
Back home I need to bake two pecan pies for the party on Friday and to start cleaning the house.  I had Christmas gifts all over the office and the best way to get hid them for the party was to wrap them and put them under the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment