Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 495, Sunday


Today is the third day of Advent and the children's program at church.  The church parking lot was packed, so I knew all the kids, their parents and all the relatives would be in attendance.  The programs are usually very entertaining and well done.  There is something about young kids trying to sing that cracks me up.  The off pitch, shy voices and forgotten lyrics are hilarious.  The program was short and Church was out 15 minutes early, that never happens!

The view of the Packard from Tracy Roof.
After Church I went over to Tracy's  house to put up her Christmas lights on her house.  I got to Tracy's house early and she was out testing the lights.  It took us a few minutes to access the lights and the house and remember how we put them together.  I was up on the roof in no time leaning over the edge stapling the lights to the house.  I just know one of these years I'm going to fall off the roof, but the view is nice from there and as of  yet I haven't fallen.

I spent the rest of the day doing a little shopping and working on the Christmas gift list.  After dinner I made a Scandinavian Almond Cake in a cake pan that I bought at the Son's of Norway yesterday.  It turned out great and tasted even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment