Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 492, Major work on the Traveleze

The front end being completed
Today I had an appointment to meet with Flyte Camp and pick out material for the seats and counter tops.  I figured I could just stop in and spend a few minutes and then head off to my workout.  When I got there I was so surprised to see that there busy working on the Traveleze.  Two employees were working on windows and three were working on cabinets.  Justin was glad to see me and wanted to show me the progress.  He said by tomorrow all the cabinets will be back in.  He took me to see the Dixie stove they found to replace my stove refrigerator combination and it looked great.  Justin also had me look at a vintage refrigerator that he had upstairs that with a little work would look great in my trailer and be correct.

The little Dixie gas range for the Traveleze
Anna, had picked out some vinyl that was period correct and I loved it.  It was a dark burgundy with a high shine.  She also had a more muted vinyl, but we were all drawn to the high shine for reason.  Anna also had several counter top chips to look at but non of us saw anything that jumped out at us.  She wanted to go look around and see what else she could find and then get back to me.  This was fine by me and I needed to scoot to my workout.

I got to my workout 20 minutes late, but I still had time for about 25 minutes.  My trainer worked me out like crazy for 25 minutes straight and then she had to leave.  I worked on a few more lifts and then did a little stretching and headed out.

I wanted to stop by and check on the Traveleze one more time and take a few more pictures.  Justin was glad to see me again and Anna had gone and found a few counter top samples.  This time we agreed on chip that would be perfect.  It was a marmolium  and was very 50's.  In combination with the maroon  vinyl seats it should all look great, especially with the golden birch paneling. I was so happy to see significant progress being done on the Traveleze I was grinning from eat to ear. 

The golden birch paneling, the marmolium and shiny vinyl.
I headed out about 6 pm and headed to my folks for dinner at 6:30 pm.  This was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment