Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 509, Merry Christmas

One lazy cat on Christmas morning.
I woke up with a cat standing on me, and I was ready for Christmas.  I turned on the radio and listen to music and enjoyed the moment.

Breakfast was at 9am at my folks and headed over around 8:45 am.  We take our time with Christmas morning, opening our stocks from Santa, then breakfast and then we open gifts.  We had a large breakfast and by the time we were done it was close to 10 am.

We take turns with each person opening a gift.  It was a great morning and we were all very happy with our gifts and the response to the ones we gave.  I really don't need anything more, so the simple things are appreciated the most.

The rest of the day was spent puttering in the yard, cleaning out the chicken coup and enjoying a relaxing Christmas.  We had a big dinner at 6 pm and then I was back home to enjoy the evening by 8:30 pm.  It was a wonderful Christmas.  I'm always sad to see the season come to a close, but I have the week off and I'm looking forward to getting caught up on a few things.

I settled into the sofa and watched another great Christmas classic and the two cats enjoyed their catnip mouses; it was a great day.

Merry Christmas to all, and Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment