Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 723, The weekend

I'm so ready for Friday.  My cousin from Iowa and his wife are here visiting and are staying with my folks, so tonight we are going out to dinner.  I thought it would be fun to fire up the Rolls and drive them to the restaurant.  It has probably been 20 years since we have seen each other and it was great to have the opportunity to spend time together.

It was great fun to catch up and hear old family stories.  Iowa is where all of my family is from and there is a lot of fond memories of my grandparents and visits with all the cousins.  Now that my grandparents are gone I don't get back there and I feel the grip of family slipping away.  Luckily with Facebook and email I'm able to keep in touch with most of my relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment