Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 700, Happy 4th of July

I woke up and there was actually a light frost on the roof.  It was supposed to be 77 for high, so it is going to be a cool 4th of July, which is great for a parade.

The first thing happening today was a guy with a powered para-glider was going to come buy and fly over my house and a few other spots in the area.  He was going to launch from my field and film my house, which I thought would be cool to see.  This guy has flown several amazing locations in Central Oregon and I thought it was neat he would fly my house.  He launched and flew around for a while and then headed over to the river and Eagle Crest Resort.

I headed off to the parade at 7:50 am and we were all set for a big parade.  Our new safety rules were in place and we had a record participation.  With nearly 117 entries, we estimated the parade should last about 2 hours.  The parade starts at 10 am, so we estimated we would be done around noon.  The parade went off with out a hitch and with the 8 block parade route lined with thousands of spectators, everyone had a great time.  We had several car clubs including the High Desert A's and I always enjoy watching these great old cars.

For the evening I invited a bunch of friends over for burgers on the barbeque and then to watch Bend and Redmond's fireworks from my driveway.  It was a great time with friends and a fun way to celebrate the holiday.




No comments:

Post a Comment