Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 704, Church and kayaking

For some reason I was super sleepy all day, but I managed to drag myself to church.  I had a hard time staying awake but managed to snap myself out of it.

Loaded and ready to go to the lake.
I spent a lazy afternoon, puttering in the yard, pulling weeds and I even managed to squeeze in a nice summer afternoon nap.  I was starting to feel a little guilty about not getting out and doing something so at around 4 pm I texted Christian to see if  would like to go kayaking after he got off work (5:15ish).  He was up for it, so I texted Doug and Tracy too, but they both had other plans and couldn't make it.  I had the truck loaded up with my two kayaks by 5 and headed to Bend to get a Forest Park permit.  I stopped off at Dick's Sporting goods and they don't sell them so I then headed to REI, and bought one.  I then got to thinking I had one last year and sure enough it was in the center console of truck and it was good through August.  UGHH I just bought one, oh well, to late now.

Reflection of the South Sister at Sparks Lake
As it turned out Christian had a customer come in at the last minute and didn't get out of work until after 6 pm.  I was just hanging out on his patio until arrived and we quickly got on the road to Sparks lake.

We arrived and there were only 2 cars in the parking lot.  There had obviously been a huge rain storm and everyone had left.  Now it was beautiful with huge thunderheads all around.  It was so nice to be on the lake and I quickly remembered just how lucky I am to live here.

Storm clouds over Sparks Lake
We spent about two hours out on the water and showed Christian all the interesting features of the lake, with it's many fingers and coves that are fun to explore.  The water is still very high, so there are still lots of navigable channels that dry up in late summer.




Mt Bachelor from Sparks Lake
By 9:45 we were back in the truck and heading home.  It was an awesome way to end the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment