Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 716, FRIDAY!

Well the idea of leaving work early and heading to the coast didn't materialize, so I focused on a full days work.  I was bummed out that South Beach in Newport is booked full for every weekend until Labor Day, but know I can get in, in September.  There are also many other campsites out there and I just need to plan to the weekend and book ahead.

Very fine scratches in the aluminum siding before I took them off.
Tracy was at the coast and I was looking at a weekend with no plans.  I called up my buddy Christian, to see if was up for a barbeque and he said sure!  There is nothing better than barbeque chicken, spinach salad and corn on a hot summer evening.  Okay, there are lots of good summer food, but this hit the spot.  After dinner Christian helped me put back some of the stuff I had taken out of the trailer so it could be worked on.  It's amazing how soft aluminum is, and if you use the wrong cloth you can scratch the surface, even when you are just trying to clean it.  Luckily as easy as it is to put them in, it's as easy to take them out.  For the light scratches, 00 steel wool, with a super light touch and stainless steel polish, I was able to get the scratches out.  The brushed aluminum siding makes it easy, I just followed the direction of the aluminum and scrubbed lightly.

It was the start of another great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment