Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 698, Back to work.

It was a beautiful morning and the first thing I needed to do for the day was drive to Bend to pick up our newsletter.  I was the perfect day to take the BMW and have the top down.  As I drove in, it dawned on me that I will be making this trip three times today and that seemed a bit excessive.

At noon I was back on the road to Bend for a lunch meeting and the more I thought about having to drive this a third time I thought that was a bit much.  I had a great meeting and then headed back to the office.  I decided that two trips to Bend and postponed my afternoon appoint until another day.

1969 Chevelle Malibu is part of the family.
At 4 pm my friend Rick from Prineville said he would come over and help me get the 69 Chevelle Malibu running for the parade on the 4th.  I could not get the car started last fall and it has sat for over a year.  The battery was new and has been on a trickle charger, so it seemed fine.  It took Rick a moment to figure out what was going on and he quickly determined that new battery had a bad cell.  He also determined that the brushes on the alternator need to be replaced and that he could help me replace them tomorrow night.

With the Malibu running on a borrowed battery from the Rolls, I thought I should take it for a spin.  I actually had a few things I needed to return in Bend, so I made that final third trip to Bend after all.   It was a beautiful evening and it was fun to the drive the old car again.  This car has been in the family since new and I feel it is part of the family.  I was only four when my parents bought the car and I can't ever remember not having it.

No comments:

Post a Comment