Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 709, Barbecue with friends

Christian invited Tracy and I to join him and his daughter for a barbecue at his house after work.  Tracy and I were were both happy to have the opportunity to have dinner with them.  First however, I had promised Tracy I would help caulk her house in preparation for painting her house.  I drove the Packard and stopped off at the office to barrow our extension ladder to reach the high parts of the house.  Naturally it was warm, but I manage to get the worst part done before we had to head to Bend for the barbecue.

Tracy and I ran two quick errands, one to the store to pick up turkey dogs for Tracy and a few condiments and the other to the mechanics, so I could pick up my car.  My leaking power steering turned out to need to be completely replaced at a price I was not expecting, ouch.  It was hard to believe it would fail with just 42K miles, but now it works great and no drips.  Moral of the story is cars need to be driven and should not sit.

Dinner was excellent and it was the perfect summer evening for sitting outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment