Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 710, Busy Saturday

A cake a kid of any age would love.
It was so nice to sleep in until 7:30 am, after a great night sleep.  I woke up and started the usual Saturday morning chores and received a phone call from my Mom wanting to know when I was going to help my father prune some vines back on a building downtown.  I had forgotten, or actually hadn't realized this was the day they wanted it done.  Needless to say, 2 seconds later I'm on my way downtown.

With the vines pruned and stuffed in my truck I headed home.  I had several outside projects to get done before driving to Portland for a Birthday party of a friends son who was turning 30.  This was not your ordinary birthday party and promising to be a huge hit.

A styling Alpaca
After a three hour drive I arrived at the family's estate and it is truly impressive.  The them was kind of a blend between child, redneck, meets sophistication.  There was a petting zoo, a huge Slip and Slide, a row boat in the pond, a mechanical bull, DJ and fireworks.  The food was everything from pork, beef, chicken, hot dogs, Mac and Cheese and tater tots.  There was even a Hostess Twinky, Ding Dong, Ho Ho, cake.  There were even cans of spray cheese on Ritz crackers.  It was really an amazing party with about 100 people there to pay tribute to a monumental birthday, well it was really to enjoy the crazy party that this family is known for.

It was a party to remember

No comments:

Post a Comment