Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 725, Taking the cousins kayaking

From Iowa to Oregon
Today after Church I'm taking my cousins kayaking with my buddy Doug.  I borrowed Tracy's kayak and with a fully loaded truck, we were ready to go by 2pm.  The drive up to the lake takes about 50 minutes to an hour and, which would up us there about 3pm.  This is a great time to go, because a lot people are already heading home and the parking lot is not so full.

My cousins have never kayaked, but I assured them they could do it, however, I wasn't so sure when I saw my cousin tipping from side to side. His wife on the other hand was a natural pro.  After about 10 minutes he had it figured out and we were off to explore the lake.  Sparks lake is a long ways away from the corn fields of Iowa and they thoroughly the experience.  There is so much to see and the scenery is breathtaking.

After a few hours it was time to head home and have the last big family dinner before they head back to Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment