Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 519, A long night

Have you ever had one of those nights where you watch the clock chime each quarter hour all night long?  I had taken some sinus medicine and I don't know if that or the wondering about how I would replace an irreplaceable employee.  At 6am I got and started my day.

I was at work by 8am and I my sinuses were killing me.  I could feel a full blown cold coming on; crud, what a way to start the new year.  I had a very productive day and got a lot done, and we posted our newly open position and I had already had several great leads.  By early afternoon, I was starting feel really poorly.  My office started to tell me to go home, but I hid in my office and got a lot done for next weeks board meeting.

Almond cake number two.
Five o'clock rolled around and I was definitely ready to go home and die.  I stopped off at the store and bought a pharmacy of drugs and some slivered almonds for a cake I needed to bake for tomorrows Son's of Norway board meeting.  I figured I had just enough energy to bake a cake and then die.

At 8pm I was pulled the cake out of the oven and crashed on the sofa.   Twenty minutes later I went to turn the cake over and remove it from the pan and it collapsed, uggh!  Cake number two an hour later turned out perfect. At 10 o'clock I glazed the cake and called it a night.  I could tell I was really starting to not feel good and I hope this wouldn't be another long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment