Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 546, Just beautiful!

The Traveleze coming all together
I received a phone call that the headliner in the Rolls had been fixed and was ready to be picked up.  I was surprised it was done so fast so I made arrangement to get a ride into Bend with my brother at 4 pm.  The car was parked outside and they said it was quite a chore but they were able to get apart and replace the bad panel of insulation.  I was pleased with the work and paid them for their work.

The Marvel refrigerator in place.
Immediately from there I went to Flyte Camp to look at the Traveleze.  The trailer is really turning out great and I couldn't be happier.  The windows are looking fantastic, the appliances look fantastic and it is really exceeding my expectations.  I needed to order a mattress, so after I was done looking at the trailer I went to the mattress shop to see what they could.  The size is of course a custom size and since the location of the back bed is not wide open it will have to be made of foam, so the mattress and be folded an put in place.  I was quoted $650 for a foam mattress and that just seemed extremely high, so I said I would think it over.  There has got to be something better.

On the way home the Rolls had a belt squeal under the hood, when the car was under acceleration.  After a while it quit and I noticed the battery was not charging, so I figured I broke a belt. I wasn't very far from home, so I knew I could get the car home and will make an appointment for it this week.  It's always fun to try to keep everything running in top condition.

The Traveleze is really coming along and should soon be ready to go.  The wheels are on order and are being made as we speak and will be arriving in 10 days or so.  The glass for some of the windows should be ready tomorrow.  The mattress and lamp shade covers I still need to order. I think I want to put the shelf in above the window but I want to see what it will look like before I say go for it. Justin and I talked about getting a basic chrome bumper for the back end to finish it off and other than some cleaning and touch up the trailer should be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment