Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 527, The Traveleze is coming along

The stainless steel back splash.
Justin has really been busy today working on the Traveleze. The stainless steel back splash panel was installed and it looks spectacular.  We talked a lot about the back splash and various options that would be period correct.  Ultimately I chose the stainless, for it's durability and its contemporary edge.  When I bought the Traveleze it had a yellow pressed tile that was probably added in the 60's.  The stainless looks sharp and will be easy to care for (you just need a microfiber towel).

The new skin on the back of the Traveleze.
On the outside of the trailer they installed the first sheet of skin around the back end.  I guess this was a bit more of a challenge then they first thought, but then it all came together.  I told Justin he needed to be taking notes, so that we when they go into production and mass produce these, he'll have it down pat.  He said he had taken great notes and made a pattern.

I am so excited to see the Traveleze in person.  I have been coughing like crazy and just haven't felt good enough to get into bend.  Perhaps tomorrow or over the weekend I can get into see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment