Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 531, Monday and more work on the Traveleze

Okay, I'm getting sick of being sick.  If I have to eat one more cough drop I'm going to go crazy.  I managed getting through the day, but I was so tired.

The stove hooked up.
After work I had an opportunity to run to Bend and take a look at the Traveleze.  They had been working on it full steam ahead and it was really starting look like a trailer.  The new skin was on the stove was in and hooked up, it look awesome.  The more I see it the more I love it.  The new birch interior looks fantastic and with the shellac finish it has a vintage feel to it.  There is just enough salvaged wood trim to make it look restored verses completely rebuilt, even though the latter is more true.  It was hard to drag myself away but I needed to get home and rest.  I took one of the windows with me show a friend to see if could fabricate a new one.

I was home by 6:30 and so ready for a good nap.  I re-read the work that Christian I had done on translating the story of Ole to English and it's an amazing life Ole lived.   Christian's ability to translate the Danish story to English so quickly and reading the Gothic type is amazing. It's a fun project and I'm looking forward to finishing it and giving it to the family, but tonight I'm too tired.

I was ready for bed by 10 pm, I was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment