Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 524, Back to work

Morning sunlight, January 9, 2012.
With my stuffed up nose and plugged ears I went back to work.  The sunrise was beautiful and the back yard was lit up with a soft morning light that put me in a great mood.  I was emotional ready to be back at work, but I was definitely not sure I was feeling up to a full day.  I figured I would give it my best shot and see how it goes.  Luckily I felt a little better as the day went on and I didn't quite have that sound like my head was in a bucket.

The highlight of the day was Tracy dinner party at friends of ours around 6pm.  My big gift to Tracy was a potato ricer cleverly hidden in a big bag of potatoes.  For Christmas I had given her a lefse pan, and you can't make lefse without a ricer.  I had a heck of time finding one in Central.; everyone had them before Christmas, but they were all sold out.  I could only find one store that still had them and that was in Sister's, 18 miles west of Redmond.  The party was a lot of fun and Tracy, got a chuckle out of her ricer.

It was a work night, so I was home by 8:15 pm.  My last duty of the day was to check on the chickens, give them fresh water and collect the single egg.  These birds are getting lazy, but they are still fun and they give the place life, which I love.  When I put the egg for the day in the carton in the refrigerator it filled the carton making an even dozen.  This dozen is going to go to co-workers mom, who mended one of the stuffed deers I gave my niece and nephew.  One of the antlers had a small seem pop open and she fixed it.  I'm going to pay her in eggs!

It was a very pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment