Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 533, No snow and even more work on the Traveleze

I woke up to a howling rain storm, which was a huge disappointment.  I had figured for sure there would be several inches of snow on the ground, but no luck.

It was a dark and windy day.  While it was raining in Redmond, Bend was getting pelted with snow.  They had over 12" in areas, but nothing here.

I was coughing all day, and sucking down cough drop after cough drop.  I really need to go home and rest, but with Leadership Redmond tomorrow and our Annual Awards Dinner on Friday there is just no way I could.  I know in the long run I'm going to pay for this decision, but I really need to be at work. 

The new corner trim back on.
At 3:20  pm I headed to Bend to pick up our awards for Friday as well as to buy a kayak for a major community figure who is retiring and we will be recognizing on Friday.  I got the awards and headed to the kayak shop and their parking lot was a giant slush pond.  It was pouring rain the parking lot was flooded 6" in water and slush. I had to strategically park the truck and jump from curb to curb to get the front door of the shop, without flooding my shoes with water.  I was feeling so sick and cold feet is not something I needed.

With the kayak tucked in the back of the truck I headed to see the Traveleze.  They had gotten the corner trim on, cut out the wheel arches and the back window.  It was really starting to look great.  Justin had found out that the window I have are the same windows that were used in a 1950 Hanson and the 1952 Rod and Reels.  Armed with this bit of information he hopes to maybe be able to track down some window.

I had the kayak and awards dropped off back at the Office by 5:10 pm and I went home to die.  Okay, not die, but I wanted to be in bed by 8 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment