Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 521, Friday and still to sick to work.

Putting away Christmas
I slept great, but my head was ready to explode at any moment and it wouldn't be pretty if it did.  I was now on my second box of Kleenex and my nose could give Rudolph a run for his money.  I called in sick again.

My living room was an explosion of Christmas and I slowly started putting ornaments back in boxes.  This is a project that would take me all day.  I can usually get everything put away in one evening, but with this cold I was taking my own sweet time, with lots of rest.  I was having heat flashes, so I figured I had a bit of fever. I took my vitamins, drank lots of juice and tried to take it easy, as I stuffed away the last bits of Christmas.

The interior of the Traveleze coming together
The Flyte Camp crew working on the trailer
I couldn't stop looking at the pictures of the Traveleze that Justin had sent over the day before and around 1 pm,  I received a phone call from Anna, with the final estimates on the Traveleze.  The bid has been a moving target, with my wants and the trailer's needs constantly changing.  I made one last change to the proposal, which actually saved me a substantial amount of money and is something that I can do when summer comes (polishing the new aluminum).  If I could polish the old skin to a high shine, I'm not afraid of new aluminum skin.  It was also time for another progress payment, so I got out may checkbook and wrote a check.  I figured I had enough energy to drive into Bend, hand over the check and of course see the Traveleze.

The interior was perfect, it was exactly what I wanted.  It had a vintage high shine look to it.  We had debated using a pecan varnish, but I just wasn't happy with the out come.  The golden shellack, while a bit tricky to work with was exactly what I wanted and it most closely matched what had been in the Traveleze.  Justin, was very pleased with the finished look and he feels he has now mastered the art of shellack.

The Panelray heater in place.
I was feeling the effects of my outing and I needed to head home.  I left the Traveleze and the gang at Flyte Camp a little after 5 pm and it started to snow.

Today is Epiphany, the day that the last gift was given to celebrate the birth of the baby Jesus, and to me, the gift of snow is fitting.  The 12 days of Christmas are actually from December 25, to January 6, which is Epiphany.  It was a perfect way to end the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment