Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 540, A big day for the Traveleze

Picking out the webbing for the blinds.
I got a text from Flyte Camp today, asking for my input on the interior wood blinds and the awning fabric. I am horrible at this kind of stuff, so I ask for Anna to pick out what she liked and I would come in and look at it.  I trust her and Justin's taste way more than I trust mine and between the three of us I'm sure it will be awesome. 

Justin texted me pictures of the front end of the trailer.  The two tanks are on and the two rock guard panels are on that will protect the aluminum from stone damage.  I think it looks fantastic and when Justin texted me the pictures I played a bit of joke on him and said, aaaah can you take it off I don't like it.  It killed him and I immediately texted back saying just kidding I love it.

Anna is going to order everything this week and help me order a bed for the back of the trailer.  I guess there are all kinds of options and this is one place I don not want to skimp.  I like a good mattress and even in a trailer I'm going to want something comfortable.  The trailer is turning out just amazing, exactly as I had hoped. 

New tanks and rock protection on the front of the Traveleze.
The entire team at Flyte Camp have done an fantastic job.  They understand the balance of not breaking the bank, yet not letting quality skimp.  Their work is outstanding and I couldn't be happier.  I am so proud of them and their work. 

The windows should be going in this week and the punch list is down to 11 items.  Whitewall tires should be mounted shortly and then it will really be over the top.  The screen door is original and completely refurbished and looks awesome.  I joking told Justin, I'm going to tell people I brought the screen door and said build me a trailer to go around this, as it is the single largest original piece of the trailer.

We have temporary windows to use until we can locate the windows I need and when we find them, we'll trade them out.  We are just weeks away from the trailer being finished and then I will need to polish it.  I also want to put stripes on it to match the original Traveleze pattern, but I might wait and see what kind of car I get to pull it and what color the car is.  I might want to color coordinate the stripes with the car.  I'll have to wait and see what I think.

2 comments:

  1. You going to be able to wait to actualy go camping? Or are you going to overnight in it in your driveway the day you bring it home? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim,

    I think I'm going to move a few cars over in the shop and park her inside, and then I need to have a few parties. Exactly how many people can you get into a 14' canned ham? I'll let you know! And yes, I'll probably have to try er out before camping season gets here. Thanks! Eric

    ReplyDelete