Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 525, A big day for the Traveleze

Moon set at 6:45am January 10, 2012.
My day began at 6:45 am an the moon was still up.  It was a spectacular way to wake up and see something so amazing. The horses were grazing in the pasture and beauty of the moon shined around them.  I had to stop and enjoy the moment and realize just how blessed I am to live here.

The light gleaming in the bedroom once again.
The original dinette light back on.
Today is a big day for the Traveleze.  I received a text from Justin saying the Traveleze is now fully wired with electricity and plumbed with water and gas.  Justin even installed air conditioning under the bed.  It is so exciting to see the little trailer coming back to life; to be able to have the lights gleaming and shining brightly once again.  The little Traveleze was destine to be saved and tell its story of the great American camping experience.  My blind stupidity at the expense, the caring experts of Flyte Camp and a random ad on Craigslist brought us all together.

For 525 days I have written about the trailer, or on the days when nothing was going on about my random life and the life of my chickens.  Now as we are getting close to finishing the trailer, I'm very excited that I have stuck with this blog, even if no reads it, it's been an interesting journey.  I think the journey and the fun with the little trailer have only just begun.  I asked Justin to have his team sign the frame of the trailer and to take a picture of his crew and seal it in the wall when they start to re-skin the trailer tomorrow.  Who knows maybe in 60 years, some other random guy might respond to an ad for a little trailer for sale.  Won't it be a fun story to discover inside the signatures and notes from those who loving cared for this trailer long ago.

2 comments:

  1. well at least one person (me) reads your blog, and I don't think I'm nobody...
    good idea on the signing etc.

    ReplyDelete