Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 532, Winter arrives

The excitement for the day was that it was spitting snow and the prediction for a major winter storm to slam the area had everyone excited.  It was a cold and blustery day and you could tell the storm was coming.

Snow in Portland
It was spitting a little snow in Redmond and Bend was getting some accumulation.  Even my brother was getting snow at his home in Portland.  He sent me some great pictures of the snow and my Niece and Nephew's snowman.

At 4:30 pm I took my lunch, actually I was just going to go home, but I took the Traveleze window over to my friend Tim, who is a brilliant guy and can machine anything.  The window was intriguing to him, but not something he does.  He was fascinated to hear my story of the Traveleze and to learn of this growing interest across the country in vintage trailers.  He definitely wants to see the little trailer when I get her home.

Fort Snellingl, where Ole went to training for the Civil War.
At 6:30 pm I went to Christan's home to work on the Ole project.  I was still feeling tired by I really wanted to finish this translation and have it ready for the lodge and the anxious family.  It took a couple of hours and we had the story translated in English and we even were able to download some photo's off the web that talked about in the transcript.  The ships log book that brought Ole's family to Canada in 1852 is available view online as well as photo of Fort Snelling where Ole trained for the Civil War.  This had been a fun project, but I need to get home and get some rest.

Snow in Redmond
At home the snow was far less than Bend's but we had a dusting and I still have the Christmas light up in the yard, so it looked nice.  I'm one of those people who take the lights down when I feel like it.  Usually they are off by now, but I just haven't had the energy to take them down or simply turn them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment