Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 523, Sunday and feeling a little better.

Today is the first day I feel like I actually might be making progress, which is a great feeling.  I was feeling I could go to church and I was looking forward to it after missing last week. 

After church I ran a few more errands including stopping a Lowe's to get a new toilet flap and a new shower head.  I bought a new flag less than 2 months ago, but it still leaks causing the tank to fill itself about once an hour, which pretty annoying.  The shower head is showing the affects of well water and is crusting over.  I know I can clean, but I really wanted a new one and for $17 it's not going to break the bank.  I had both of these things fixed within 10 minutes of returning home.

This little skillet will great in the trailer
My exciting project for the day was taking the Griswold cast iron skillet out and using the wire wheel brush on it.  I must have sat there for an hour grinding off years of crusted on food and black char.  I know you are supposed to leave a good cast iron skillet alone and keep it seasoned but this was beyond seasoned.  After an hour at the electric wire wheel it looked pretty good.  I took it back to the kitchen an heated it up on the stove and poured some oil in it and let it season.

One thing I recently discovered over the holidays is the use of my iPhone and listening to Pandora, a free music app.  I still haven't stopped listening to holiday music and I played around with the other station including Big Band, Lost in the Fifties and others.  I could listen to music and all night...sometimes even into the wee hours of the morning.  I feel a connection to other places, time and people with music.  This new discovery is wonderful and it made my weekend sick at home a lot more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment