Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 520, Snot a good day.

I woke up with a head clear full of crud and sinus pressure so severe my eyes and teeth hurt.  I was not going to work today.  I text my office and informed them of need to stay home and they were glad I wasn't bringing my germy self into the office.  I quickly went back to bed and slept until 10:30 am.  I was about as miserable as one can get and the only plus side was I was still hungry and could eat.

Around 2 pm I figured I needed to do something I was going crazy laying on the sofa.  I thought I could start taking down all my Christmas stuff, including the tree.  I gathered all the nicknacks and put them on the dinning table and then took a 30 minute nap.  Next I got out all the Christmas boxes, 8 in total and then took another rest.  I thought next I should take the ornaments off the tree.  I take a lid of a box and fill if full of ornaments and then get another, until they are all down.  I got about one lid full before I had to rest.  This cold was kicking my butt.

The interior of the Traveleze freshly shellacked.
This cold was going to last a while I wasn't getting better I was getting worse, so it was obvious I was going to miss the Son's of Norway meeting tonight.  Tonight's meet was the installation of the new officers and I'm the new President!  Oops, but there is no way I could make it.  I call the people I needed to let know I wasn't coming and they wished a speedy recovery.  And now I have two almond cakes to eat!

Late in the after noon I received some pictures from Justin at Flyte Camp.  He had just finished shellacking the interior of the Traveleze and the pictures looked amazing.  I was so bummed I didn't feel good enough to go look for my self.  Justin and his team were very excited about how it turned out and so was I.

Clue, Woody, in the Living Room, with an Ornament
I spent all evening taking the ornaments off the tree and there was no way I was going to bet the messed cleaned up in one day.  I was moving way too slow.  I had one ornament break and it hit Woody from Toy Story on the head.  I looked it knocked him out, or he had been killed.  I had to chuckle through my stuffed up nose.  The board game Clue came to mind, where you had to figure out who was killed, where they were killed and by what object.  Woody, In the Living Room, with an Ornament.


With the last of the ornaments removed from the tree I tossed the tree out on the deck. I was done for the night it was 10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment