Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 530, Sunday the day of rest.

I still do not feel the best but I planned on going to church and running a few errands.  I was so proud of myself to actually get to Church on time, but when I got to the door I was told I was supposed to be ushering.  I had totally forgot that I had signed myself up and my buddy Doug.  They were glad to see us and our official duties wouldn't be until they pass the collection plate around, so it really wasn't that big of deal that I was late.

After Church I needed to shop for a Kayak for a retirement gift for a good friend and an employee of the City.  I headed to the Sportsman warehouse, Dicks Sporting and Tumalo Creek Kayaks.  The all had them, but Tumalo Creek had the one I wanted, but naturally it was the most expensive.  I decided to hold off and wait and see if I had any financial help from others and then buy the kayak.  I'll have to buy it on Wednesday.

Shortly after dinner my friend Christian came back over to work a little more on the Danish immigrants story and translating it into English.  We spent another 2 hours on the project and almost got it finished, but it will take another two hours to finish up the translation.  It is a fascinating story about the Civil War and his immigration to the US.  Many of the battles he fought in are major US conflicts and well documented events.  It was so interesting to read about something and to Google it and confirm all the dates, times and places.

I spent the rest of my evening surfing for cars on the net and found two that worth calling on.  I placed a few calls and left messages, but I was particularly interested in a 1949 Hudson Commodore 6, which I thought would great pulling the Traveleze.  There was no picture in the add, so when I left a message I asked if he had any.  I would have to wait and see.

The weekend was over I still felt poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment