Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 535, Friday and I feel like I've been hit by a bus

The remains of quail, thanks to my cat.
After having a great day yesterday, I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a bus.  I was completely worn out and had no energy.  My sinuses were killing me and my eyes felt extremely heavy.  I had no time to be sick, today is our Annual Dinner at work and I have to be there. 

As the day went on, I got worse and at 3 pm I had to go home and lay down.  I hoped that if I got a little sleep maybe I would feel good enough to make it through the evening.  I arrived home ready to lay down, only to discover that my cat Harris had brought in a quail and shreded the poor little bird all over the living room rug.  I was too tired to have to deal with this mess, but I cleaned up the feathers, vacuumed up the rest and scrubbed the carpet before crashing.  I slept for one hour straight before having to get up and get ready to head to the dinner.

Retirement gift, presented at our banquet.
I was feeling horrible, but had to be there and my nap gave me enough energy to make it the 4 hours.  I kept telling myself I could do it, and soon I would be home in bed.  The event went great and despite feeling horrible, I was really glad I was there.  We recognized many outstanding people and business from the community and also the retirement of a dear friend.  She was leaving the City after 22 years and my idea for a parting gift was to give her a kayak.  I knew she would love a kayak, but wasn't sure if the one I had picked out was too big or maybe to heavy.  Either way, I knew she would love the idea and we could always exchange it for something else.

The event was over by 9:30 pm and I was home fifteen minutes later and I was in bed by 10 pm.  I was ready to die, but I was so happy to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment