Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 538, A new work week begins

1949/50 Hudson in Salem
Really not much new to report today, I'm still not feeling 100% but I managed to work a full day.  By 4 pm my eyes were feeling like there were under full attack with allergies and I really started to wonder if some of what I am feeling really is allergy related. 

When I got home I took a prescription allergy pill and an hour later I did feel better.  I'm going to start taking my allergy medication regularly, to see if it helps and I actually start to feel better.

1948 Hudson Commodore 6, in California
I had a few emails on my search for a great car to pull the Traveleze.  One is a 48 Hudson Commodore 6 in California, that has been restored and the other is 1949/50 Hudson that is actually here in Oregon.  Both of these cars have had extensive work done and still need a few things done to be complete.  I hope to be feeling better and arranging to look at the Hudson here in Oregon this coming weekend.  The one in California looks to be a bit further along in the restoration, but is further away and near Yosemite.  An interesting note on the 48, the owner who restored the car said it had a hitch that was used for pulling a trailer when he got it.  He has since removed it, but I can always put another one back on.

These are two interesting cars, the 50 is perhaps a bit formal in color, and the 48 in red would match the interior color of the Traveleze.  The car here in Oregon is 1949 body, but is stamped a 1950 and licensed as 1950.  It is believed that the car was a late 49 and was re-tagged and sold as a 1950.

No comments:

Post a Comment