Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 526, New Skin

New skin on the Traveleze
Today the skin goes back on the Traveleze and the tongue gets painted.   Justin had new skin rolled to match the old pattern, only minus all the hail damage dents and big scratches.  Also, over the years several things had been added to the exterior of the old trailer and they drilled several holes through the old skin, in the end it just made more sense to just put on new skin.  I think once it is buffed to a high shine it will look spectacular.

Tongue all painted up.
One of the last things to paint on the trailer is the tongue.  The frame was painted prior to the new floor being put on and I chose to paint it black.  At some point if I find a vintage car to pull the trailer, I will have the tongue painted to match, but for now, black it is.

I had a long day at work after a very a short night sleep. I was up coughing until 1:30am and I had an evening meeting and got home around 7:30pm.  I was exhausted and still coughing, this cold is brutal.  Tonight it's in bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment