Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 543, Satruday

All week long I dream of sleeping in and this morning I was wide awake by 7:30 am.  I had a poor night sleep and coughed until 1:30 am, but I finally crashed and I actually felt halfway alive.  I spent the morning cleaning up a few things around the house and I did my usual weekend chores. 

By noon I was ready to venture outside and I needed to run a few errands.  After being sick the month of January, I still had a few outside holiday chores to take care of.  I dragged the 12 foot step ladder out and took the wreath off the shop and believe it or not, I still had a tree up in the potting shed, ops!  It was a little crispy and I quickly got that mess cleaned up.

I ran my errands in town and picked up two bags of chicken feed at the feed store.  I drove the Rolls to give it a stretch and I must admit I felt a little out of place backing up to the loading dock for two 50lbs bags of feed. I got back home did a few more chores out side, cleaned the chicken coop, hosed off the front porch, and replaced several burned out low voltage lights around the yard.  It was nice to be outside for a change and even more importantly to have the energy to be outside.  The temperature was in the 50's, so I didn't have that cold air drain, that zaps all my energy.

1953 Hudson Hornet
I also emailed the guy in Salem with the 49 Hudson and said it probably didn't have enough power to pull the trailer so I would have to pass on the car, being that it only had the small 6 and not the 308, dual carb engine.  Moments after I sent the email he replied back that he also has a 53 Hornet with the 308 and dual carbs.  It is all original except paint and he is willing to sell that one too if I was interested.  I immediately called him to get the details.  The car is silver blue and pretty clean.  He sent me a few picture and the car has potential, however the silver blue isn't that exciting, but maybe in real life it will be.  I don't know what it is about these cars, but I love the shape.

In the mail today I received a book I ordered on line for the trailer, its a book from 1947 called "Cabin Craft and Outdoor Living" by Conrad E. Meinecke.  I wonder if their is any relation to the muffler empire?  Anyway, I thought the book would be fun to read in the trailer someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment